Do you have an idea for a class or program that you would like to see offered? We are always looking for new instructors with creative ideas. If you have a suggestion for a new program or are interested in teaching a class, please fill out this Create A Class form and return it to the CAP office.
Under the supervision of the Director of Childcare Operations, the CAP CARE Co-Teacher’s primary function is to assist in the daily operation of CAP CARE and Day Camp. Co-Teachers will be at least a minimum of 18 years old, and be able to work well in a collaborative environment supporting the purpose of CAP CARE which is to provide a safe and educational environment in which children are free to be active, creative and have fun. CAP CARE and Day Camp provide programing for students in grades 3K-4th grade.
The following duties are normal for this position.
- Maintains a positive and safe atmosphere for all attendees and families
- Develop and implement age appropriate curriculum for children
- Assist in daily operations which could include, checking children in & out of the facility, preparing & assisting with snack, providing positive direction for activities, communication with parents & staff
- Help maintain goals for the children
- Perform daily cleaning duties
- Physically able to stand, walk, stoop, and reach. Able to lift, carry, pushing, pulling 10 lbs or less. Able to handle, grasp, chairs, recreational equipment, arts and craft materials
- Works varying hours between 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. with approximately 15-25 hours a week
- Compliance and enforcement of all CAP CARE policies and procedures.
Hours and Dates:
Position is part time / 15-25 hours a week / between the hours of 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Have completed high school or its equivalent
- Have at least 320 hrs. of experience as an assistant child care teacher in a group child care center
- Either two courses for credit in early childhood education or two non-credit department-approved courses
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certified, or certified within 3 months of hire
- Shaken baby syndrome training, or completed the training prior to working with children
- Competitive pay- $13.00-$18.00 per hour based on education and experience
- Flexible Hours- willing to work around family and education schedules
- Continuing Education- CAP CARE will pay for some continuing education as well as supporting TEACH scholarship recipients
- Great team atmosphere- CAP CARE is a 5 star YoungStar rated program receiving the highest rating for quality standards, including provider's education & training and business & professional practices
Deadline: open until filled
Send application to Mandy Hollis at [email protected]
The selected candidates will assist in maintaining the quality and appearance of Ripley Park. Qualified candidates must be able to complete daily tasks and follow the direction of their supervisor. Candidates must be trustworthy and willing to assist any and all other park staff. Ideal candidates will possess a current CPR and first aid certificates.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assist with shelter rentals and groups
- Assist with inventory management
- Ability to count and handle money
- Ability to use a POS system for sales
- Ability to assist with grounds and park cleanliness
- Must be able to administer first aid if needed
- Must be able to monitor guests and to uphold rules & policies
- Must be able to monitor employees and to uphold rules & policies
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be motivated and have a positive attitude
- Assist all other park staff as needed
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Hours and Dates:
Hours and days vary based on the park's hours of 9am-8pm daily. Must be able to work holidays and rotating weekends. Seasonally May-October
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certified (preferred but will train)
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older
Starting hourly wage is $15 - 18/ hour based on experience
Deadline: open until filled
Send application to Mark Schram at [email protected]
Assistant Swim Coach
Currently hiring an Assistant Swim Coach for our recreational age group swim team. Competitive swim experience preferred. Previous coaching experience preferred but not required. Pay based on experience and certifications. Immediate opening; to apply, fill out the application found at the bottom of this page; for more information contact Ben at (608) 423-8097 or [email protected]
Lifeguards and Head Lifeguards
Currently hiring for all hours! Looking for daytime, evening and weekend lifeguards. Must have current certifications. Immediate openings; to apply, fill out the application found at the bottom of this page; for more information contact Ben at (608) 423-8097 or [email protected]
Swim Lesson Instructors
Join our highly qualified team of Swim Lesson Instructors! Currently hiring energetic and knowledgeable individuals to teach swim lessons. This is a great opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of youth!
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must hold current certification in: American Red Cross Community First Aid and Safety, American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Must successfully display knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate the skills taught.
- Sound physical and mental health
Water Fitness Instructors
Currently hiring Water Fitness Instructors for Fit After 50 & Aquacize. Experience teaching group fitness classes preferred but not required. Pay based on experience and certifications. Immediate openings; to apply, fill out the application found at the bottom of this page; for more information contact Ben at (608) 423-8097 or [email protected]
Click on the following link for an Employee Application or contact CAP at (608) 423-8108.